- Greenland Melting? Not so Fast, It’s Gaining Mass. So is Antarctica.
- FEMA’s Dilemma – Renewal of the Expired National Flood Insurance Program
- You parked the trains where?
- Romeo, the amorous 400 lb. alligator, killed in 3am meeting with lady driver and baby
- Cos Cob Power Plant Park takes shape -But where’s the erosion and sedimentation control?
- The warmest of Winters in the Northeast gives way to Spring with a cold ocean fog.
- Please stand by for a brief service interruption
- Moon Jupiter Venus and Mercury fill the evening sky
- A lightning-split tree heals on Leap Day.
- How does the Interstate cross the River?
- What you see at the beach if you look up – and not down.
- Byram River Sewer Siphon repaired – with big increase in flooding hazard
- Excuse me! Did you drop something???
- First Iris of 2012 – Alligators in breeding season
- A day at the beach anywhere is still a good day, says Sound Beacher
- January is best enjoyed on the Gulf of Mexico after 5 pm with Venus high!
- The Sun marches ever northward!
- Even Turtles get lucky in the Spring.
- Anhinga Who?
- S3 Solar Storm in Progress. Button down the hatches, Scotty!
Monthly Archives: December 2011
“Tis the reason for the season” by Robert F. Walsh describes pagan festivals over history, designed to induce the sun to change direction, or afterward to thank it for doing so: Brumalia, an ancient Roman solstice festival honoring the god Bacchus … Continue reading